Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tips to making a career change


Career Change
Most often we get so frustrated with the routine of what we do daily, and want to quit the job. When you stop enjoy what you daily and it start feeling like punishment and no longer pleasurable, then it looks like you would need a change of profession. Don’t be in a hurry to take this decision; you need time to properly evaluate the situation.

Why Do I Want To Change My Career?
You need to be plain about the answer you give to this question because it would determine a lot. You need to ask yourself. What is the cogent reason I would want to do something else from what I am doing currently.

Do I Really Want A Career Change?
you have to think about this very well, because making a total turn around is going to cost you, hope you know that? So you have to be sure that you really want to change.

What Kind Of Job Would I Be Happy Doing?
Determine the kind of work you would like to do, if eventually you end up changing your career.

What Are My Marketable Skills And Capabilities?
write down all your skills, both interpersonal and organizational skills, and evaluate this and determine if they fit into the new career path that you are opting for.

No comments: